Are you ready to continue your career within renewable industry, working with embedded laser systems in a global setting? Then join us on our journey in changing the wind industry!
Windar Photonics is a leading manufacturer of LiDAR-based optimisation solutions to the global wind energy industry. It was founded in 2008 as a spin-off company from DTU-Risø (Technical University of Denmark), and employs 20 people around the world, with offices both in Denmark and China.
The WindEYE and WindVISION LiDAR systems are already used worldwide by leading wind turbine manufacturers and major wind-farm owners. These high-tech optical units use light reflection and the principle of Doppler effect to empower wind turbine controller with accurate wind measurements made up to 100m in front of the propeller. All this is done in the harsh environment in top of the nacelle.
We are seeking a technical mind to draw models and prepare documentation for manufacturing of our product and its essential parts. You will be a part of the hardware team together with hardware and optical engineers. Your job will be to understand the product, and assembly in detail, draw and update the product model and draft documentation. Expect prototyping of novel features and streamlining manufacturing processes. You will also participate in talks with suppliers and be in close contact with our in-house production facility. A typical task might include: instructing our colleagues in China how to assemble a prototype, reviewing pressure mold design documentation, defining torques for optical assembly, specifying vibration test and expected results.
The ideal candidate has most of the following experience:
- drafting technical documentation/specification,
- manufacturing documentation review,
- hands-on experience with mechanical assembly,
- solid understanding of manufacturing processes,
- knowledge regarding optical systems,
- mechanical design using Solidworks environment,
- product validation and revision control,
- international sourcing and supply chain supervision.
The profile we are looking for is hands-on, cross-discipline, team-player with:
- problem-solving skills,
- an analytical mindset,
- technical background,
- 2-years or more of relevant work experience,
- a flair for dynamic startup environment,
- an autonomous and proactive attitude,
- ambition to become part of a young, enthusiastic, international development team in an informal workplace
- excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
You will have the possibility to influence the content of your role according to your specialization and the career path you want to follow.
Need for more information?
Please contact Head of Hardware Development, Matija Gorsic, at email@example.com or +45 3165 3436
Applications will be processed continuously so do not hesitate to apply for this exciting opportunity. Read more about Windar Photonics here.